Thursday, July 23, 2009

Brand-new semester

Let me start with this question: " What are the features of Indonesian that make you think s/he is an Indonesian?"

I doubt that maybe one of my ancestors was an Indonesian.

1. Last year, we were celebrating Vanessa birthday together with her friends. One of her friends, Hsein Loong thought I am an Indonesian.

2. I always buy my lunch at Indozest in the cafeteria. One day, the guy told me how much is the lunch in Indonesian language and I ignored. He then asked me:" You are not from Indonesia?" I answered: "No!!!"

3. One of their US friends, William told Lee Ming, Shane and Tyee that I look like an Indonesian and I'm from Surabaya. Now, I have my "hometown".

4. When I was paying my rental to Mr. Ooi, a middle age guy asked him whether am I from Indonesia. Then, Mr. Ooi answered: "Yes." I didn't say anything cause I'm used to it ALREADY. The guy wanted to clear his hesitation so he asked me and I answered: "No, I am from Penang."

These are the four main ones that I remembered perhaps there are more people out there think that I'm an Indonesian.

Year 2 Semester 2 just started and I can say that it's more stressful comparing to previous semesters. The units are getting tougher and need MEMORIZING a lot. Assignments are all over my ass now and due dates are too soon. However, I'm loving Anatomy especially first lecture Anatomical Terms because I can only remember all those simple terms for now. Even when I was in the lab, I can name them and I fall in love with Anatomy because of this simple reason. When it comes to muscles, I totally hate it. I could say that I like the solid part of our body. In addition, the Anatomy practical test is so fun, we have to go station by station to answer the questions like playing station game. WOOT! I know there are more to go but if I have the passionate towards these units, I can definitely do well. I must love Cell Metabolism and "hug" it everyday before I sleep. Chemistry is not my cup of tea so I must work hard for this unit. Mwahhh I love you

Yesterday night, I went to the largest and longest night market at Cheras and only Wednesday! Ivan and Noelle were supposed to go Penang during the semester break but they changed their plan and went Langkawi. He told me that Noelle wants to meet me so I hangout with them for western food and night market. At first when I was in the car, I was quiet and Ivan said:" Sorry Jesslyn, make you feel so alone and left out behind." After a moment, I get along with them well and I can talk Business too. HAH! The western food was satisfiying and yummy. We then picked up Noelle's sister, Hazel before make our move to night market. The night was full of jokes and laughters.

Aza told Adnaan and Rizq that "It's nice meeting her." She makes my night wonderful. This sentence "Nice meeting you" always come out from my mouth first to new friends whom I just met. She speaks well even though she is a Malay, I guess I need to improve more. Today, I met her at uni and we exchanged phone number and Keep in Touch she said. She is a girl who is passionate towards studying and wants to become a lecturer in the future. She is migrating to somewhere near Russia after she graduates her degree and married there. Woohoo

Adnaan and Aza

Rizq and Aza

Meet Adnaan from Sri Lanka and Rizq from Iran they are humorous.



More photos inside Noelle's camera and will post them if I got from Noelle =)

No comments: