Saturday, October 18, 2008

lil updates

Exam Fever

I have been staying up at library until 11pm these few days. So-called "study" but actually slacking most of the time. I just couldn't concentrate. Oh gosh, my first paper is just 28th of October but I'm not prepared for it. We couldn't go out for dinner due to heavy rain these few days. Luckily we managed to "tumpang" Chuck & Jacky's car back to hostel.

Monday, we went dinner with Jacky. She brought us to try "ayam penyet" (smashed chicken). Maybe because we were too crave for food or maybe the chicken too delicious, it tasted so good!
Ikan Keli
Ayam Penyet
Jacky & CCFoo
Shane.M3

Tuesday, we ordered Jaafar Delivery (unhealthy food) for dinner. I'm too stress and ordered Cheese Naan & Mee Goreng for my dinner. In the end, I couldn't finish my dinner and force to finish them. Greedy girl!

Wednesday, I went to watch "Disaster Movie" with Jeou Yee. Silly movie that wasted my money. Then I bought a lot of snacks and J.Co Donuts for them. Of course, the donuts were insufficient for Lee Ming and Shane, so we thought of ordered Mcdonald Delivery but because it was raining so they might delayed the delivery. They were too hungry and called for Jaafar again, no choice marr..

Thursday, pizza for dinner. Delivery again because of the non-stop rain. Izit raining season now?


I'm doing pretty good this week! I'm so proud of myself that I could resist myself from falling into the deep valley. I hope I can do much more better in the future.

The must-to-do activities when we are totally T-I-R-E-D and S-T-R-E-S-S:

E1 Cell Group

The cell group meeting started off with playing games. Tai Loong was the game master; he looks way younger than his real age. I’m so blur about the whole game that I shall not explain here. Then Jin Chong (cell group leader) leaded us to sing “Today” and English version of “Hati Hamba” (Actually I do not know what is the song name). The meeting continued with people sharing their happy and sad testimonies. Finally, the meeting ended with preaching by Sean and Jin Chong. Jin Chong who currently taking medical bioscience told me that this course is really tough. He such a brilliant (scholarship holder) guy also say it is tough, how about me? I think I couldn't. I do not like anatomy, I do not like plants, I love food. I so W-A-N-T to study nutritionist & immunology. God, please lead me to a correct path.

Last week was Tom birthday, we celebrate his birthday right after the cell group meeting, Karyn’s mother baked cake for him. So nice of her mother! Then, we headed to Station 1 café for a drink. The environment there is so relaxing. I enjoyed the whole night together with my church friends.

Sermon notes

My attitude determines my altitude!

The “X-Factor” to success: Our attitude

A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E = 6 alphabets = you can goo goo / Wikipedia for the actual meaning ≠ normal

It has nothing to do with the outward…rather; it has to do with the inward. Helping people ≠ benefits

There are 3 types of attitude: Heart attitude, Mental attitude and Spiritual attitude.

If you have the wrong attitude, you are a complainer; but if you have the right attitude, you are a problem solver!

Your attitude = the real you!

The best attitudes you will find are in the “beatitudes”. They are the “being-attitudes”, not the “doing-attitudes”.

All units give you the basic knowledge…but not:

Mathematics…but not motivation

History...but not humanity

Geography…but not generosity

Science…but not serving others

Geometry…but not joy

Commerce…but not confidence

My attitude determines my altitude!

In conclusion, three great attitudes we can have:

1. -->Submission – an attitude that constantly…

2. -->Willingness – whoever humbles himself will be exalted

3. -->Positive attitude – facing life everyday with faith and hope

No comments: