Sunday, October 26, 2008

Satisfaction

What about satisfaction?
The state of contentment, completion and happiness when a need or desire is being fulfilled...

You don't find true satisfaction in pleasure.
No matter how much we see, we are not satisfied.
No matter how much we heard, we are not contented.

You don't find true satisfaction in performance.
I seriously do not satisfy with my results that I deserved... I can't neither feel the contentment nor satisfaction... I tried so hard to outperform myself to please my parents so that they will be proud of having me as their daughter... At times, I failed to achieve all the targets... Whenever I work so hard to gain appreciation by people around me, "thank you" can hardly be heard...

You don't find true satisfaction in possessions.
Students like me have their own possessions: Mobile phone, Camera, MP4... However, we are not satisfied with what we have right at this moment and pursue for more sophisticated technologies...

Truth can be depressing

Destination sickness is the disease that hits you when you achieve all your dreams, when you accomplish all the goals that you think will give you fulfillment and then you find that you are not happy...

How do you experience true satisfaction in life?

You need to recognize your real hunger
Think over what is missing in your life?
Financial?
Friends?
Love?
Promotion?
Relationship?

Stop eating junk food
I mean spiritual junk food that give you temporal "high" like gambling, drinking, MSN and television series (Gossip Girl & Sex and The City)...
It's interesting that our appetites are influenced by our association the people around us.
People have their own talents that you might think "Whoa... That is so cool!", but you shall not go after to learn... I am unique in my own way...

Exam timetable
28/10/08 - Chemistry II (CHM 1022)
5/11/08 - Biology II (BIO 1022)
6/11/08 - Fundamentals of Biotechnology (BTH 1802)
I've done two electives (Management & Contemporary Television Studies) in my 1st year... Real tough electives...

After exam, I shall start looking for accommodation... I'm fine to stay anywhere... Just that next year I think I have to lunch and dinner with fewer friends as they will move to elsewhere...

I had decided to change my course, is still Bachelor of Science...
Why I'm enrolled in Medical Bioscience since I hate to study Anatomy and Physiology?
I want to be Nutritionist and Immunologist as I want people to live healthily... Monash University Sunway Campus does not offer this course but only Food Science and Technology...
No choice but to pick up this course and further study nutrition in Australia after I got my degree...

31/12/08
I'm going to countdown at Genting together with Emilia, Kah Yen, Shea Er and Zi-Qian... Really miss them so much... Some friends will be countdown at USA... hope they enjoy their work and travel there... Some friends will be going to Australia as well... Sounds so sad...

2 comments:

T'estimo said...

hey wish u luck in ur choice!
i wanted food science too
but i think i'll finish the degree of bio & chem before specifying in food science =D

yingxuan said...

thanks ting! all the best to you >.<