Today I went City Harvest Church.. It has been a while I didn't attend the service.. Pastor Keith taught City Harvester about maturity and I learned millions today.. not only something, Pastor.. Pastor Keith, thank you!
James 1:4 (NIV) Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Hebrews 6: 1 (NLT) So let us stop going over the basic teachings about Christ again and again. Let us go on instead and become mature in our understanding.
Some people do not want to be mature as they feared of responsibilities & failures..
WHAT MATURITY IS NOT
1) Maturity is not age.
2) Maturity is not appearance. You may be blessed with good looking but appearance doesn't mean all.
3) Maturity has nothing to do with achievement. You may be blessed with talents but they are not the sign of maturity.
4) Maturity has nothing to do with academics. EQ not IQ
The word "mature" on Greek is the word "teleaos" - it's translated complete and perfect.
6 MARKS OF MATURITY
1. A mature person is positive under pressure.
To be mature you need to learn to handle pressure positively. Be positive!
2. A mature person is sensitive to people.
Sensitive doesn't mean you will get offended or hurt easily by people but it means you are sensitive to others' needs.
The second test of maturity is love: how do you treat other people?
Immature love says: 'I love you because I need you.'
Mature love says: 'I need you because I love you.'
Grow beyond yourself & love with sincerity..
3. A mature person guards his mouth.
Gossip: Hearing something you like about that somebody you don't or talking about another person that will not help or build that person. The real essence of self control is actually tongue control.
Gossips break unity..
First word is always true..
If it is true, sometimes need not to say it..
If you do not know what to say, shut up..
Speak the truth in love..
What you say directs your life or it can destroys your life.
4. A mature person is a peacemaker not a troublemaker.
James 4:1 Crucial management is crucial as long as you are involved in any kinds of relationship.
The first cause of conflict is selfishness.
Pride & ego kill you.. If you are wrong, just apologize with one simply word "sorry"
The second cause of conflict is judgementalism.
Do not judge or you will be judged.
Why should I not judge?
1. You are not God.
2. You do not know the whole situation.
3. You do not know the motives.
5. A mature person is able to let go and move on.
Not to live a problem free life, but to live an overcoming life.
6. A mature person is patient and prayerful.
The only way you learn patience is by waiting.
Not yet means wait......
Waiting is the most energy consuming thing to do..
Pray not only for your own but also for people around you.. so Good Luck to my friends who are going to have Env test on Tuesday!
If I used to be childish, I am sorry.. Maturity in me is work in progress.. The moment I walked out of the church I should be growing up.. Build strong spirituality in me..
Create in me a clean heart
Wash away all my stains
Take all my depression
Let my soul cry aloud
I love you with the Lord of Christ
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment